Odd brake issue...

Car is my '87 16V.

I recently replaced the rear brake lines with SS ones.  No problem, got
them on OK.  I had to bleed the fittings at the M/C because it drained
itself in the process and I couldn't get any pedal pressure until I
did.  So, I get that done, and I have pedal, but it seems a bit
squishy, even after a full bleeding (now what I'd expect with all SS
lines and new Ferodo pads all around).   Let's hope that goes away
after a re-re-bleed...

The part that concerns me is that I also get a little "pop" feel when
the pedal reaches about 1/4 travel.  It's barely audible too if the
engine is off...seems as there's a resistance change at this point too
(a tiny bit lighter afterward, until pressure builds up)...never felt
this before.  Would/could this be in the M/C or the booster?? (the two
most likely suspects, I guess).   Did draining the M/C then pumping it
trying to build pressure, cause me to do it harm?  Have never had this
problem before.  Any suggestions?  BTW outside of the soft feel, the
brakes seem fine; it stops in a straight line; I haven't done a lockup
test yet.  Also the e-brake cables are not yet connected inside the
car, FWIW.

TIA, as always,

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.