Re: 5th gear conversion

> thanks Eric! yes i got my bumper back on.
>
> then I took it off again.
>
> Now it's back on, but not for good. :]

Hahaha!

> Hows your yellow beast(love the side skirts)? Is that the one waiting for
> a 2.0 16v? ..nice..

Well, speaking of back bumpers....the yellow beast is running, but is now
a parts donor until I get the parts off I want.  I started to tear that
car down for a restore and found that the roof was made of bondo (good 1/4
inch covering up $1000 worth of hail damage).  Also, found more rust than
I wanted or expected to find.  So, after taking most of the paint off and
the side skirts and whatnot, I just taped up the car and rattle canned it
with black primer.  During this time of realizing the yellow beast would
not due, I found a fairly unrusty, damn near perfect 81 S.  Bought it from
the girl as the restore project....and got a girlfriend out of the deal
too :-)  Katy and I have been together for almost 2 years now :-)  She
started using the now-primered beast as her daily driver...it had no
bumper on the rear :-)...well, she got rear ended...took out the left
corner pretty good, especially since there was no bumper.

So that brings you up to date I think...my 2.0 16v project has been on
hold for about a year now, while Katy and I have been working on her
project, a 91 Cabby that we are dropping a 97 Golf 2.0 8v Crossflow into
(actually heading out today to bolt the motor in so we can tow it home to
finish off the details). Gotta get my 2H trans and suspension out of the
80 beast so I can ditch it, then I can get back to my project :-)

Just realized I need to change my sig!

I will take some pics today actually...we have been in this barn for 2
years, and we are trying to get out within the next couple of weeks so i
can bring these projects closer to home, and onto concrete instead of a
dirt floor! :-)

> Is Josiah still around?

He just recently re-joined the list too! :-)

--
Eric
Westminster, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
80 Scirocco (parts donor)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
84 Scirocco Automatic (My Daily, till the wheel bearings get fixed)
88 Scirocco 16v (Parts car)(gone)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
00 Golf GL TDI (Katy has been using this)

-Kelli Fox