Re: Front Seat - Recovering

At 1:20 AM -0500 5/11/00, Jeffrey W Bynum wrote:
>I am sure that the cost of recovering seats is all relative to several
>factors - The seats, the fabric, full recover - or just refacing them,
>geographic location in US, ....etc., etc. , etc.

Keep in mind too that you can save money by minimizing the work the
upholsterer can charge you for.  Example - if you want your seats
recovered, why not strip the covers off them yourself and drop them off at
the shop?  Then all he's gotta do is duplicate the pieces and sew them
together again.  You pick them up and put them back over the foam.  This
will also give you a chance to mix 'n' match the foam pieces on your seat -
swap the driver's left bolsters (the ones that get worn) for the
passenger's left bolsters (that get virtually no wear at all).  Now your
driver's seat both looks AND feels new :)

>    One word of warning - if using a new    to you upholsterer, ask to see
>some of his/her work, and get a quote before you leave anything. Just words
>of experience sepeaking here. Nothing like going to pick up your seats, and
>being dissatisfied with the workmanship, and also being overpriced.

Absolutely.  You'll also want to see fabric samples firsthand, but that
probably goes without saying...