Re: [tech] knock sensor CisE... high idle... bad mileage... etc...

Check the vacuum line to the knock brain and test the throttle switches per
Bentley. IF both of those check out then your knock brain could be bad. The
little vacuum sensor on the brain will fail if it backfires out the intake
in the right situation.

Can a bad knock sensor have anything to do with my 16V
idling too high once it is warmed up?  I noticed
pinging under heavy load and looked at the sensor
which has a cracked cover(never been off the block)
and the wire is totally deteriorated.  I'm also down
to 24mpg.  I just can't seem to get this beotch
running perfect anymore and haven't figured out why.
The 02 sensor is fairly new as well as plugs, cap and
rotor.  I haven't noticed any vacuum leaks either
although I haven't hooked up a guage yet(need to make
a connector). Any help/recommendations appreciated.  I
need to make connectors to test mixture also.... can
somebody make a tech article on this puhleeeeeze? :-)

=====
Dan May - Greensboro NC
1987 16V Scirocco
1979 Scirocco - when will it be done?
1997 Tacoma 4x4 V6 Xtracab FINALLY!!
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal Smith

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag