Re: [mk1] brake light switch install

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001 23:26:22 EDT UrGTI@aol.com writes:
> I didnt need to modify mine , and I use the 16v booster/MC connected
> to my 80
> pedal cluster . For the brakelight switch I use a 89 cabriolet
> switch that is
> dual lenght position.  Its installed in the cabriolet in the short
> postion
> but if you pull on it it doubles in lenght(dont go there) . In the
> rocco
> there is a hole that you drill out bigger and install the switch
> there . Then
> you just pull the wires through the firewall and extend the wires to
> the
> pedal switch . I clipped mine from the donor car .
>
> Jasin
> MK1 pusher

Hmmm... That's cool if it works for you...

When I installed the 16V brake booster to my '79 pedal cluster,
the brake pedal lost half the pedal travel when I connected the pushrod..

I have a vague memory of the Mad Bastard saying something about lost
pedal play.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit", '84 GTI White For Sale
'84.5 Oddball Scirocco JH/FF
'79, '80, '84, '88 Scirocco rollers For Sale