Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1728

Brian Dettling wrote:

> RE:  Kevin Collin's/Chris DeLong's clutch malady

> Chris might, as always, have good insight into the clutch failing to
> release.  To elaborate, some oil may be getting down and forming a
> suction between discs.  Bro's 89 GTi has same trouble and I even did
> PIA rescue mission to tow away and it worked perfectly when I got there.
> But, rule out any clutch cable mischief?

You might very well be on the right track here.  I have a bit of an oil
leak from somewhere at the back side of the motor.  I've never bothered
to try to track it down as it doesn't leak fast enough to create an
issue, it only leaves a small drip puddle in my garage.  It's not the
head or valve cover gasket as the head has just been swapped for a
p&p job, and it's still dripping and at the same pace.  So maybe it
is what's causing the clutch probs.

It'll finally be apart by Monday, I'll pass the word on how it turns
out.. thanks for the input!

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA