Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1728

RE:  Kevin Collin's/Chris DeLong's clutch malady

Chris might, as always, have good insight into the clutch failing to
release.  To elaborate, some oil may be getting down and forming a
suction between discs.  Bro's 89 GTi has same trouble and I even did
PIA rescue mission to tow away and it worked perfectly when I got there.
But, rule out any clutch cable mischief?

RE:  Cold air intake

Julie and others:  If Home Depot's heating duct tinwork doesn't touch
your aesthetic sensibilities, many race car catalogs, such as Pegasus,
have fiberglass scoops and fancy ductwork.  You probably don't have to
worry about a ram-air effect as it would be hard to effect.  And if so,
the K_jet with O2 should compensate, IMO I'm guessing.

RE:  ABA block.  There is one bare one on EBay now.

RE:  Lock linkages

87 16V w/ central lock came back from body shop for door ding repair.
Shop had inner door panel off and the funky plastic linkage part had
broken.  Removing the panel on a cold December day and trying to repair
with cable tie didn't get anywherer.  Went to dealer and bought new part,
it ~$1, had body shop install. Well, dealer had sold me the left side and
I needed the right side so door lock didn't release when acuated.  So the
two sides are symmetric, not identical, and aprt number should tell you
if its left or right.