Re: swiss cheesing the air box

In a message dated 4/4/2001 10:46:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
danws69@mindspring.com writes:

<< Have you done anything to yours?
 I'd like to get that sound, but being in Tampa I get just as many 'hot' days

It even gets hotter there in Tampa then here.  The PO had removed the intake
hose that went from the front bumper to the airbox.  I was having all sorts
of running problems in the summer and when the A/C was on the car was really
dogging out. So i finallly figured out that whenever the fan went on it shot
the hot air from the radiator right into the airbox.

I made my self a sort of ram air set up.  Found a hose from another car and
reattached it to my airbox and the air intake.  Then i detached the airscoop
from the front bumper and extended it down under the spoiler into the
airstream.  Doesn't sound as cool but it did help with improving
performance......a little..... I think...  Well it was much better than it
was before with the open airbox  at least.

Brian 86 16v
and 98 Jetta GLX

<http://www.geocities.com/vwrocco16v/>

<http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html>