Re: swiss cheesing the air box

--- Captnbr@aol.com wrote:

> I made my self a sort of ram air set up.  Found a hose
> from another car and
> reattached it to my airbox and the air intake.  Then i
> detached the airscoop
> from the front bumper and extended it down under the
> spoiler into the
> airstream.  Doesn't sound as cool but it did help with
> improving
> performance......a little..... I think...  Well it was
> much better than it
> was before with the open airbox  at least.

Just be REALLY careful driving in the rain...   I owned an
'85 that had sucked up some water that way and hydro-locked
the engine, bent all 4 rods.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 Scirocco S,
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
'91 Passat
"I am who I am. What else could I be?" - Lara Fabian