Re: cops in corvettes, md watch out

Yeah 160MPH on a 100MPH strip...
come to think of it.. I never paid it (gotta love being canadian in those
days..) must of been Dave that paid it, since it was HIS car afterall..
been so many years ago I dont remember what the fee was or who paid it .

Patrick

On Friday 06 April 2001 12:02 am, you wrote:

> > In a message dated 4/5/01 4:35:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> pbureau@home.com
>
> writes:
> > Reminds me that trip I took with a buddy, in a 944 carrera on the highway
> > strip on the salts (near vegas.) nice flat highway... great speed....
> >
> > damn was tha...? Yeah.. I think it was... (insert cherries light up 5
> > secs up
> > on our ass) please note were were doing 160MPH at the time we say a car
> > on the side of the road, white no marking on it, looked like a vette..
> > (yanno I
> > was paying attention on the road.. enjoying the sped.. blablabla..)
> > anyways when the guy pulled us over, I stepped out and gawked at a 76
> > Stingray with a turbo-charged-blower-with-10" belt-driving-that-sucker
> > Cop car with-nasty-looking-SLICKS-an-troley-wheels on it.
> > that sucka, had a 6 point belt, recaro seats and NOS. man, we were
> > flying, and he was a a dead halt, and caught us in less than a mile.
> >
> > Now that... gentelmen and ladies... is a cop car...
> >
> > Sad part of the story: he never let us take a picture of the car.
>
> You didn't tell us if you got a ticket or not though! Inquiring minds want
> to know!
>
> Mike
> <A
> HREF="http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel">http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel</A
>> - trust me, a replacement is on the way! '84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
> '84-Rabbit GTI
> '77-Rabbit - project
> '80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)

Patrick Bureau
85 8v Titian Red Scirocco
Montreal Canada & Dallas Texas
http://longcoeur.com/scirocco