Re: [semi-ot] gf's new car?

OK...get her a Saturn.  Really.  Not the SL2, the SL1.

They're plastic so they don't dent, the 8V engines are
solid, and there are lots of autos.  I owned an SL2
(16V), I'd recommend it except for a bad tendency to
burning oil (early versions, maybe '91-'93?); the
SL1's were not prone to this.

This was the most VW-like American car I've owned.
Solid, logical, supremely easy to fix, but not much
goes wrong.

My $0.02, but believe me here.

Ron