Re: 87 16v - price opinions not needed.

At 6:37 PM -0700 4/4/01, Kevin Collins wrote:
>Puh-lease.  It wasn't a complaint, but a valid observation.  In order for
>a 'roc to be worth anything close to $4k+, it needs to be pristine, period.
>Maybe this one is - nobody said it wasn't.  The seller was said to be
>anxious to sell.  If he's not aware that the car needs to be outstanding
>to get what he's asking, and if it happens to not be, then this was
>potentially helpful information.
>--
>Kevin Collins

My 2 cents - the market for Sciroccos is HIGHLY dependent on the
city/region you live in.  I live in Vancouver, BC.  You guys don't know how
lucky you are... to be able to find a car like the one we're talking about
right now for $3800US (call it $6000CDN) would be a good deal.  STOCK 16v
cars with that mileage are still worth around $6000CDN right now as long as
they're in great shape.  At the high end of the market, things get crazy.
Let's consider a 2L 16v with a good suspension, nice rims, and euro
bumpers.  I've seen a couple cars for sale up here in the last 4 months
where the owner was asking more than $9000CDN ($5800US).  One guy wanted
12,500 for his, and it wasn't much nicer than mine...