Re: Interior door release

There's a spot in the latch mechanism where you can insert a screwdriver
with the release lever extended to keep it extended while you hook the
pull rod onto it - the procedure's in the Bentley - or at least one of
them, anyways. It does, of course, help if you remove the latch mechanism
from the door... :)

The one that got me is the lock linkage coming off the lock lever on the
latch mechanism (the Wolfsburg has central locking and so this part
includes a leg down to the lock actuator.)  The plastic piece on the
linkage that snapped over the lever was so loose that it kept pulling off
every time you unlocked the door.  I ended up sticking a dab of RTV on it
prior to assembly and leaving it sit overnight.

Drew

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Daun Yeagley wrote:

> --- Jon Palm <scirokn@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I spent two hours yesterday evening reattaching the link
> > from the pull
> > handle to the actual latch assembly. If anyone else has
> > had the misfortune
> > of theirs coming off, I'd be more than happy to share my
> > newfound door
> > wisdom.
> > Jon Palm
> > 88 16v
>
> Yes, I've had it happen to me.  No, it is not a pleasant
> experience.  Had it fixed in 15 minutes or so though.
> (Small fingers help!)

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca