Re: Transmission question

The A1 mount bracket bolts to 3 M10 X 42 studs that are screwed into the
clutch housing side of the casing.

I've used 020 boxes through '88 in A1 chassis with no problems.  I haven't
bothered to look to see if the studs are there in later boxes, but it may
be luck of the draw.

In theory the clutch housing for the small input shaft 020's is the same
from 84 right through 92, and the same for the large input shaft
transmissions through A3 production (ie the A3 transmissions use the same
clutch housing as the 16V A1 and A2 transmissions) but in practice some
people have discovered that this may not be the case.

Obviously any late 020 designed for use in a Cab or Scirocco will have
these studs.... :)

Drew

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Jonas Karlsson wrote:

> >From: "Randy B" <sirocco@telocity.com>
> >
> >Question:
> >Any other warnings you might have?
>
> The other parts have been answered, but I wanted to mention to make sure you
> have the bolts on the rear of the bellhousing for the rear tranny mount. The
> A2/A3 cars didn't have this mount, so they phased out the bolts.
>
> Just check.
>
> Jonas

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca