Re: MK1 Experts Advise Needed.

>Generally anything in the drive train and suspension/braking is swappable.
>I belive all bars except the upper will swap . Of course the MK2 will have
>heavier spring rates so your car may be jacked up a bit . The mirrors dont
>directly fit , the seats do , ...

Are you sure about the seats?  Years ago I put some junkyard seats from an older mk1 into my '80 and found some subtle differences.  In the older cars, the seatbelt latch was attached to the floor of the car while on the newer ones the latch attached to the seat.  I drilled a hole in the older seat and moved the latch to it.  The seat went in the car without trouble, but wobbled around in the tracks a bit.  The older seat didn't seem to be as solidly built either.  Later, I wondered if I created a death trap by doing this.

In the Rabbits, they moved the seatbelt latch between '78 and '80, I don't know the exact year or if the Scirocco was changed at the same time.

Bill