Re: mk1 windshield moulding and rubber

it does but i need the molding that is the problem they wont install a new windshield without the molding and the seal, the windshield will fly out upon impact
jonas
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 12:21 PM
Subject: Re: mk1 windshield moulding and rubber

I know a few guys that will omit the trim piece in the front windshield rubber to atain the "black-out" look, but I would recommend against it. Reason being that the ingegrity of the windshield may be compromised as well as some upper chassis stiffining loss. This may be minimal, but condider what the glass could do during an accident if it wasn't fixed properly.

From my experience the trim is difficult to place into the rubber while the window is in, so it must contribute to tightening significantly IMHO.

David Guido
Wassersport
http://www.justwebit.com/members/37005/index.shtml