Re: oil pressure buzzer

>List -
>	Lately, the oil pressure buzzer has been going off periodically, but
>when I rev the car over 2k rpms it turns off.  IIRC, on the Corrado that
>meant the low pressure oil sender was on it's way out, does that hold true
>for the 16V Scirocco as well?  Since it isn't a constant occurance, could it
>be just a loose wire?  If so, I assume it's one of the two that come off the
>top of the oil filter flange.  Am I in the ballpark?   thanks
>Ryan
>

> > Ryan Catucci

One of several things probably.  You could be on the right track with
the bad sensor, and yes, it's one of them on the top of the oil filter
flange.  The rear one is the low pressure sender I believe.  Poor
connections will also cause this, might want to clean them up a bit,
or check for breaks at the place where the wire joins the connector.
Finally, it could be a bad oil pressure 'computer'.  It's behind the
speedo and it's the place where the ugly oil pressure buzz noise
comes from.  Grounding the wire will permanently stop the buzzer from
coming on if it's not the 'computer' that's falsing.  Finally, you
actually might have really low oil pressure...do you have a gauge?

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net