RE: 16v Motronic and 5th Gear Questions...

>Your looking at $250-$350+ for a motronic setup, then the adapters to keep
>your existing fuel lines.  If not you have to swap sides and use the Passat
>intake.

Hmmm, this seems like a low estimate to me.  Assuming you already
own the Motronic system (parts list in tech procedure on scirocco.org),
then buying a Garrett chip (the best) is $140, motronic injector to CIS-E
fuel line convertors are $90, new injector seals, seals, & assorted
gaskets ~$30.

As I've said in the past, what's the point of going through the conversion
if it's not going the be operating at 100%?  That's means two new knock
sensors & replacement gold harness pins ($100), new 4th plug wire sensor ($40),
clean / balanced motronic injectors ($120+), fixes for bad Motronic harness
connectors ($15 each), new O2 sensor ($45), and DeOxit contact enhancer ($12)
as Motronic is very sensitive to resistance build up at the connections.

Total now is $500-$600 not including what it costs to actually buy the used
Motronic conversion parts.  Been there, wrote all the checks.

Sure, you could just go with the full junkyard Motronic parts and do the
bare necessities and hope everything works alright...but in my experience
part of the reason _why_ the car was probably in the junkyard might be
because it didn't run right.  Want to inherit problems? :)  At this rate,
the TEC-II or similar starts to sound down right reasonable.

==Brett