Re: need advice

--- smiley pie <scirocco82@hotmail.com> wrote:
> hey, I need help! I have an '82 and I was going to
> do an engine swap in a
> week or two (from 1.7 to a rebuilt JH) and also a
> newer type fuse block. I
> then started to think maybe just getting a newer
> scirocco ('84 and up?)
> would be a better base for any further mods.

Why - what do you want to do with the car? There are
several minor advantages to the later Sciroccos
(electrical, bigger brake booster from '85 & up), so
if you're trying to avoid that type of upgrade, yeah
the later cars would be easier.

But, if you want, you can do the same mods to a 1975
Scirocco that you can do to a 1988 Scirocco.

> What do you all think? It seems that would be an
> easier route to go. Do you
> all think that it would be a better foundation to
> build on?
> or do would it really matter after all is said and
> done?
> thanks
> dave

Personally, I does not matter to me (my '82 is the
newest Scirocco I own). I am in the process of
dropping in an RD motor with knock sensor. How far do
you want to go with this?

=====
Mark Peele
Owner of 20th Century VWs
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
For Sale: Various VW 13" Steel Wheels - free - you haul.
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)