Re: Transaxle removal

If your PO was like my PO, then:  I'm real Sorry for you....  It would seem
that he used the "red" locktite on EVERY bolt, probably on stuff he didn't
even fix.   I had to drill all of the way through a camber bolt once.  The
drill was hot enough to burn skin.    If you do encounter locktite, use a
torch first.  Heat up each bolt and then take a few wacks at the old breaker
bar.  Use good quality sockets with a lifetime warrenty :)  (Pref. not sears,
their sockets are okay, but a lot of their stuff sucks).
I've done two 8v clutches (by myself), but I think the 16v is about the same.
 It helps to remove the intake pipe between the fuel dist and intake, and the
battery, basically everything above the tranny.  I removed the rad. fan too,
but this turned out bad when a stray socket wrench slamed into the radiator.

Other stuff is probably 16v specific

Ben
86 8v
84 8v