Re: Anyone running PIAA bulbs?

Tyler wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone is running PIAA H4 Super White Platinum Series or
> the H3 Super Whites in their euro lights. What are you opinions? Does the
> 55/60w = 100/110w hold true? Thanks!

Oh, my, god!  Don't get me started.  I'll try to respond to this calmly.
There is no way that a bulb rated at 55/60 can act as anything but 55/60.
the only reason they say this is that the coating on the bulb makes it
possible to see the light shining on the ground (since it is dim and whit as
opposed to merely dim ). This whole marketing scam that PIAA is running has
me bent out of shape.

The bulbs might be fine, but nothing beats a relayed light circuit.

FWIW, the inexpensive Hella bulbs work just fine.  Not everyone needs to buy
the $70 apiece bulbs.

No cause for alarm,
David Barwick
Black '88 Scirocco