Bulb Boy

OK
I got a set of the H4 Hella Yellow stars in 110/130W. I got them becuase I
really love David Barwicks PIAA yellow bulbs. His are a INTENSE yellow on
both low and high beam. Every place I have tried to get them says they are
dicsontinued. So I figured the Hellas would be similar. Well they are not as
bright and they dont have nearly the throw that his PIAAs have. I was
surprised that the Yellowstars while they came in a Hella box say Phillips
on them. I called Puma where I ordered them from and they said alot of Hella
bulbs are made by Phillips and simply packaged by Hella? I dont know if I
buy this, anyone have any ideas? I was surprised also that they have nearly
identical beam patterns as the Hella 80/100s, which is cool. But they dont
have quite the throw as the 80/100s, they almost look like they need to be
aimed up a little. Another thing to note is when on the low and high beam
settings when you look into the lense the lower half of the lense is white
light and only the top half is amber??? The whole bulb has the dichronic(sp)
coating?? All in all they are ok, im going to re-aim them this weekend and
try to wire them up so the H4s are alway on the bright setting and when I
click the brights on my H1s will come on also. So...anyone have any leads on
really bright yellow bulbs?

Thank you for your time.
Shannon Fenton
Telecom Resource Management