RE: Bulb Boy

> OK I got a set of the H4 Hella Yellow stars in 110/130W. I got them
because I
> really love David Barwicks PIAA yellow bulbs. His are a INTENSE yellow on
> both low and high beam. Every place I have tried to get them says they are
> dicsontinued.

Have you ever heard the word "un-obtanium"?  My PIAA bulbs with the crystal
ion coating are indeed disco'd due to liability reasons (turns out the
phrase "for off-road use only" is about as meaningless as "do not make
illegal copies of this CD").  Shannon is correct; the light they throw off
is intense yellow; even with hi-beams.

The problem is that everybody stares at me when I drive at night; honda
boys, people with HID equipped cars, and worst of all the po po (John Law).
It's best not to have colored lights and have a beer before driving home
from a night on the town.

It's also very difficult to justify to my wife the cost of the $70 per bulb
and the $200 citation for having "non-white" (some kind of racial law I
guess) headlights.  Luckily the citation has yet to happen.

David Barwick
Black '88 Scirocco
Anthracite '84 GLI
Eugene, OR