exhaust trouble (i think)

well i thought the problom with my car was that i blew a hole in my downpipe...the car has 0 power...i have to give it a ton of gas just to get it into first...the car is loud and also vibrates a good bit when you rev it...so pretty much i can't drive it anywhere...well i finally crawled under the car today and didn't find any holes in the downpipe...my question is this...

the clamp that bolts the cat to the pipe of the cat-back system is really rusty...i think it may have come loose...there is also some black deposit around the joint area, this would be a sign of exhaust escaping here right? could this be the source of my problem? it doesn't seem like a little exhaust escaping out right here would cause this much power loss, but maybe...any where else i should look?

any help would be appreciated...TIA

-doug