Re: painting body kits and Kamei eyebrows

At 12:52 AM -0700 9/16/00, Kevin Collins wrote:

>There was no special prep done on it at all.  As for exactly what this "flex
>agent" stuff is, I'd imagine it's just generic body shop crap.. <?>

I think it's a plasticizer that gives the paint some leeway.  There's
going to me more stresses at the seams of the body kit to the rest of
the body.

When I had my car painted, my neighbor and I had this same debate.
One of my other neighbors is a body guy at the local Ford
dealerships, and said essentially the same thing: Add a flex agent
and paint it on the car.

As for prepping, we did the normal stuff you'd do when prepping;
light wet-sanding with 600/800/1000 grit sand paper, look for
imperfections, fill, sand again, prime, wet sand, look for
imperfections, prime again......

So far so good.  I've noticed no cracking.

| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net                                        |