Re: painting body kits and Kamei eyebrows

EuroVWtek@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone know what the "16v bodykit" is made out of, and what special
> "flexing agents" are used in painting one. Special primers etc? Same thing
> with the Kamei eyebrow spoiler, anything special as far as primers and prep
> work go? I need to know this, so the guy that I am having paint the stuff
> knows exactly what to use. Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

After much advice about this issue, when I had my car painted in May, after
confering with the paint shop, it was decided to paint it on the car, and
use a small amount of flex agent in the entire paint mix.  Visually, it
turned out great - one lister (Benton?) who saw it at Dubfest was surprised
to hear it was painted on the car after looking at it.  Durability?  Too
soon to tell, no issues yet.

There was no special prep done on it at all.  As for exactly what this "flex
agent" stuff is, I'd imagine it's just generic body shop crap.. <?>

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0