Re: Passenger tray

I have AC in both my 81 and 87.  Neither came with a passenger tray.  The
mounting points are there (on the firewall), but the center console is too
fat to just throw it on and be done with it.  Some creative cutting is needed
as well as creative mounting where you cut off the tray.  I used some
L-brackets and screwed it to the side of the center console and underside of
the tray.  You may also need to rig something on the other side of the tray,
too.  Also, MkI and MkII trays are different (MkI is shorter than MkII) but
both work in either car.  The trays gave me a little bit of extra storage
space, but the main reason I put them in was to mount my amps to the
underside of the trays.  Leg space is unaffected for the most part.

HTH,
Stewart