Re: cutting springs

I only cut one coil out of my Neuspeed Springs combined with Konis although not really a fan of cut springs. This is basically just for looks. I can feel that it affected my front end handling slightly.

I left the rears untouched since I have adjustable perchs and the car is now level without the "wheelie look"

  good luck,

Leo 1987 16v

  Anthony Pelletier <vwnuts@yahoo.com> wrote:

I am about to swap my boges for bilstein sports
(finnally) and I am thinking I want to bring the car
down a bit. ( I went up 1/2" when I intalled
eurobumpers) I have neuspeed sport springs. They are
progressively wound so they have a few dead coils on
the ends. Has anyone cut out some of the dead coils
to lower the car more? I was thinking about 1 in the
rear, 1 in the front. (Of course I would measure to
make sure I take an equal amount out of both.) Any
advice from some one who has done it before

thanks for any info,
Tony
87 16v (about to go lower)