Pulling a frame back together

I have discovered that my frame has spread on my 84 GTI. I noticed when I
went to install my used eurosport lower stress bar. instead of trying to fix
the car, I just made the holes in the bar bigger. I always wondered why my
right front tire stuck out about 1.5"s than the left... anyways, I finally
got around to borrowing a come-along from my boss and before I got started, I
though "I dunno how much to pull it together." my eurosport bar is no longer
useable (it got severely bent) so I dont have anything to go by. Here's the
question: if I buy a lower stress bar from JCWhitney, should I trust the bolt
spacing? if not, where can I find specs for this measurement? tia