cam gear//opinion & mileage

Hi Everyone,

Last week installed an adjustable cam gear and
advanced my cam timing 3 or 4 degrees.  It seams to
work well.  I have more torque around 3K.  I gave up a
small bit on the top, but I think overall my car is
now quicker.  I thought I would notice a drop in gas
mileage but it is steady where I had been around 29
mpg.  I guess it was worth the money.  I may play with
it this weeknd and try 8 deg each way just to see what
it will do.      Where am I going with this?  I don't
know I just thought I'd give an opinion of my new mod.
Btw I have a 1.8 with shrick 256 cams and very free
flow exhaust.
.02
Tony