Re: euro light wiring questions

>List,
>
>So i have sucessfully gotten my euro lights installed, and wired up.
>I only have one problem.  Everything works the way it should except
>for when my low beams are on, the mainbeems are on like they should
>bel.  But, also, the smaller inner high beems (h3) are on very dim.
>When i turn the high beems on, the (h3's) come all the way on.
>Could this be due to the relays being to close together?  I used the
>procedure on scirocco.org, but used 4 Bosch 30A relays.  Thanks
>
>Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

You have them wired incorrectly in the most classic fashion.  :)  The
Euro light bulbs are not pin compatible with the US light wiring harnesses.
What I mean exactly, is that the wire that is GND on the US wiring
harness, is not where the bulb expects, likewise with the 12v for high
and 12v for low.  So, right now you've got GND where the bulb expects a
12v positive, and 12v where GND is expected.  This still results in working
lights under most conditions (as you've seen) but you'll get some odd
voltage leak / potential difference (which is the dimmly glowing lamps
you see).  A little experimentation will solve the problem.  If you get
stuck let me know and I"ll actually go look at what goes where. :)

==Brett