Re: Finding a new dash and carpets

>I'm trying to locate a mint dash for my car, an 84' 8v.  I'm willing
>to buy a brand spanking new one (in the right color of course)
>should I find one.  Does anyone know who sells them in Canada?  Or
>the US?  Or anywhere?  All the dash's I've found in the wreckers are
>in the same shape as mine... lots of cracks, dried up and pretty
>damn ugly =(
>
>The carpets need to be replaced as well... as the previous owner got
>something on them that just refuses to come out... but looks a lot
>like a combination of epoxy and tar...  besides there faded and worn.

New carpet sets are available from places like ACC Custom.  check out
RK Kustom...link available on scirocco.org links section.

>I've started to assemble parts (some shiny and new and some not so
>new but well... better than before) for the car.  And I'm getting a
>bit excited at finally getting everything together to fix her up.
>
>Sill looking for some good replacement seats.  Or somewhere to get
>mine re-skinned and re-foamed.

Jim J. just looked into that, waaay expensive.  It was a top notch shop
though, I'm sure a fine job could be done by someplace that's not so
expensive.  Shop around is my advice.  I'm going to be doing some
more interior work soon...I'm hoping it'll be less then 2g's. :/

Sometimes I think of the nice Porche I could be driving for what I've got
into my Scirocco...but anybody with a tall line of credit could do the same.

==Brett