Re: I need your help.

Jason,

I'm sorry to hear the news.  I have my car insured with Northeast Classic
Auto Insurance.  They're a collector/show car insurer.  My car is insured
for $5000.  If you want I can get you the number of my guy and he can
possibly get you some kind of appraisal for what he would insure the car for
(in the condition that it was in before the accident).  The problem that
you're going to face is that the book value for your car is probably about
$2k-$2.5k.  So you're going to have to do some battle with your insurance
carrier even if you can prove that the car is worth more than that.  Because
your insurance rates were based on the book value not the actual appraised
value.  I believe that Josh Able has had is car appraised and is paying a
rate based on that value and not book.  Josh, chime in if you have any
additional info.

If anybody else wants info regarding collector/show car insurance lmk.

- Jan Folkson   www.janfolkson.com

'86 16V
'99 Passat 1.8T
'00 Beetle GLX 1.8T

"I don't want the world, I just want your half"