Re: Power Windows - more info

>Apparently, once you can get them going, they can be kept going by
>exercising them.
Not necessarily true. I did this by 'jump-starting' the motor direct off the
battery, which worked a dream, but it was still reluctant to work from the
switch. Undoing all the wiring loom connectors in the doors and cleaning the
contacts brought it back to life for a week or so but now it's back to not
working. The driver's side works fine, but then it has fewer connectors in
the circuit, so there will be less resistance. removing the connectors and
soldering the wires should help, unless your switch is actually blown. I've
seen this work on other setups and, when I get round to it I'll be doing the
same with mine.

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0
'86 GT 1.8