Re: Aw Sh_t Thanks!

    Well, thanks for all the clever suggestions.  When I had the driver's side rear tail light out, I was able to put my right arm through the taillight cut out and bend my arm down in there to get the ratchet out.  It took a little patience, maneuvering, and focus of concentration, but I was able to reach in there and grab it.  I was afraid I might get my arm stuck in a weird position and not be able to get it out, but this was not the case.  Whew...

DanK
'87 16V Black
My Scirocco Page

Aaron Ness wrote:

Like some else said, hope it's on the right side.  Same thing just happened
to me with my parts car, and that's how I got it out.  Otherwise, I think
removing the rear bumper mounts will give you a little better access, and a
*flexible* magnetic pickup tool might be srong enough to get it.  I say
flexible because I couldn't reach with my rigid telescoping magnet.

Aaron
'82 Scirocco
'84 Scirocco - parts
'70 Bug - Hibernating