Exhuast Comparison with Mpegs

I finally got sick of my ears ringing when I got home from work or just
about anywhere when driving my car. Since it goes around the list so much
when people are looking for new exhuast they want to hear what a particular
setup sounds like Chris and I shot some mpegs with my current system and
that system with a new muffler. My exhuast was loud to start out and after I
put my euro bumpers on I had to remove my baffled tip. All I can say WOW,
the tip made a scary difference. My exhuast was so loud it was almost
unbearable. I had purchased a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler a while back so I
decided to hook it up this weekend. I was hoping that since the Super Turbo
was still a performance muffler of some sorts and not straight thru it would
not affect my power much. Of course the Magnaflow refused to come off and
had to be cut off. We were able to use a sledge and get it far enough to cut
it on the inlet side and not cut the catback pipe. This is key since the
Superturbo is a good 6 inches shorter than the Magnaflow. The rear hanger
pipe had already been shortened to accomodate the tip so I had no room for
error. The Superturbo went on pretty easy except we had to bend the front
bar hanger arms upwards a 1/4 inch or so to keep the pipe from the resonator
from hitting the heat shield at the last bend. The rear hanger being
shortened in the past, instead of hanging from the body mount has the rubber
hanger pulled almost horizontal. I think this is due to me cutting that pipe
peice and the shortness of the Superturbo.

The sound of the superturbo is very low and quiet, unfortunately its so
short right now the outlet is well under the car so the trunk acts like a
giant resonater. The sound pressure inside the car is pretty bad but with a
standerd tip this wouldnt be a problem. I had a new baffled tip on for short
time and the car was almost silent...it was bliss. That was however till I
got on it, the car is very noticably slower. It just seems to have trouble
spinning up as it had with magnaflow. It does not pull nearly as hard. This
is not to say that the car is back to 1.8 power but it is a very noticable
difference. While I am very happy with the tone of the new muffler I will
swapping it out and testing a Ultraflow, another straight thru muffler. This
was a upgrade option with TTs system so Ill post some mpegs of that when I
put it in.

Previous System: TT non/cat downpipe, catback system with resonator and a
Magnaflow staight thru muffler.

Current System: TT non/cat downpipe, catback system with resonator and a
Dynomax Super Turbo muffler.

I dont have any new idle movies with the Superturbo yet but when I put the
Ultraflow I will post them. For some reason I cant get them to work with
Netscape, only IE? Any clues? But they are about 20 or secs a piece and
around 300kb per movie, as always on www.scircco16v.com.

Thank you for your time.
Shannon Fenton
Telecom Resource Management