Re: Exhuast Comparison with Mpegs

Shannon Fenton wrote:

> Previous System: TT non/cat downpipe, catback system with resonator and a
> Magnaflow staight thru muffler.

I can relate to your pain.  I once had an ND/Borla setup on my '97 GTI VR6
that resonated SO badly inside the car that if I drove anywhere for more
than 20 minutes, I would get a mondo headache.

On the 'roc I have a TT 2.25" aluminized system w/Ultraflow muffler, and
a dual-outlet TT-supplied resonated tip that very closely resembles the
stock tip at first glance.  I've been very happy with the setup - it
puts out a fair amount of noise, but it's a "quality" kind of noise
(whatever that means!) and does NOT resonate in the car at all - not
annoying even on the longest LA to ND runs... I suspect the resonated
tip helps somewhat.   :D

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0