Re: [Fwd: DUBFEST2K update 9/4/00]

Dubfest was interesting but not as fun as New Dimensions.
The Dubfest boys did a good job of pulling together a good show.
Dubfest may have been the best Southern Cal show of the year.
So why was ND better? Because of all the Sciroccos.
It just is not the same with out Shawn and the rest of the list.
I hope Shawn wins big at the Auto-x nationals this year!

The Scirocco turn out was poor at Dubfest. Only 4 cars. One MK1
and three MK2 16Vs. Kevin's 86.5 16v was the cleanest
Scirocco by far. So many people commented on it as they were
looking at my MK1. I personally think that Kevin and I would have
walked away with the prizes if we just told the judges what
to look for. Both of our cars look very stock but they are not!

This year the loud modifications took the prizes and my
MK1 did not have a stereo so I lost out on that category.
The MK1 is not much to look at after all the hard miles.
Still I did get a trophy but that is not what it is all about.
I know that My MK1 was faster than most VW at the show
on the Auto-x course. With the 1.7 and only 70 HP I could
still take most of the cars at the show. Kevin's car was
faster before the motor swap but now I am not so sure.

The MK1 now has a 1.8 in it! I think it will be much faster now.
My car is not a show car but is a go car. It was fun talking
to all the folks that could see that a well built A1 is worth
a second look. The best trophy is the one that you drive home
not the one on the wall. With that said I will say congratulations
to all of you that have show trophies and all that do not.
Shows are for meeting people and sharing information.
My car looked like an advertisement for Scirocco.org.
Kevin and I may have even sold a 16V to a new list member.
I gave out information on Roadstar and advice on how
to pump up your MK1. It was fun, I wish you were there.
If you were there thanks for coming by and spending time
with us.

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"
81 8v red Scirocco "S"