Re: Kamei X1 front spoiler wanted(Dirk)

Subject: Kamei X1 front spoiler wanted(Dirk)

>Anybody out there have one of these lying around or know where I can find
one.  I was
>told that some tuners may still have these things in stock.  Can anybody
help me out
>there?

as I got some of those requests recently,
here is what I have to write about that :

the car has it`s own page it`s
www.Scirocco2.de/gtx.htm

there you can also see the original
GTX front airdam, in unpainted and
brandnew condition, ( I had to order myself one last year ).
The airdam  is manufactured
by KAMEI and also called "X1"

The frontspoiler is still available
from VW-classic parts center in Wolfsburg
but pretty expensive ( about US$200 )
It is sold out at VW directly, at D&W and
also at KAMEI itself.

But unfortunately I don`t think I can get that spoiler for you
easily as  shipping would be too expensive.

The reason for that is that it`s not allowed to send things
to the USA that are longer than 1.2 meter with Deutsche Post
and UPS or TNT are way too expensive.
( go figure the costs of an 160x40x50cm , 12kg packet
on their websites , it`s about $450 !!! :-(( )

for this reason I`m also not able anymore to send
any Euro-bumpers to the USA.

This problem is probably well known on the list :-(

However, if you know somebody who comes to Germany
( maybe a Stewardess or similar ) we could give the packet
with her /him.

A friend & list member from California  visited me in May
and we made a really big packet for him that he was
able to bring home when flying back. They checked it in at
the airport without even charging him extra fees..

...so if you plan a visit in Europe, this would be a great opportunity
to carry some parts & goodies for your Scirocco back home !

Greetings
Dirk