Re: VW Radio Question

Timothy A Reed wrote:

> > I.E. does anyone know what manufacturer made the stock radio.  She
> > said it is a Monsoon but I don't know the manufacturer.

> I think it's Blaupunkt.

Definitely not Blaupunkt, it's either Clarion or Matsushita.. I forget which.

Lots of people have used aftermarket changers with MUCH difficulty - you need
a special adapter and then they still sometimes don't work right.  I highly
suggest getting the OEM changer - it's a clean install and not that much
more than an aftermarket one, especially if shopped (i.e. join VW Club
which nets a discount, or call someplace like Timmons VW that gives mail
order discount).  I went OEM on my Passat changer and I'm glad I did.

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0