What I'm doing Rocco and other projects

    I figured with all these stuff about what we want to get out of our VW's
and such I would let people know how my Projects are going.

Well, Project ones was a 99.5 A4 Golf GTI VR6.
You all know the factory specs. VR6 5 spd 174 BHP at the crank . .ect Blah
Blah.
It was in Performance VW last year, the WaterFest coverage issue. It was the
Silver one with the caption saying that it set the bench mark for all a4
chassis to go by. Sorry I had to pat myself on the back. Anyway since last
years Reiger Body kitted, slammed GTI rolling on 18's has gone through some
huge changes.

Specs:
~KW Cup wheels and spacer, 18X9 in the front and 18X10 in the rear(not my
choice!)
~H&R coilovers blah blah blah all that bolt on crap . .
~Shrick intake manifold and cable run throttle and OBD1 lower intake
manifold. (the factory manifold wouldn't hold up to all the vacuum pressure
after 6 or 8 psi it cracks)
~t3/t4 Hybrid turbo
~Custome made exhaust manifold with expansion chamber. (Runs so silent with
the chamber, and helps build exhaust velocity)
~VW Motorsport 6spd Gear box and dif. Had to notch the bumper support to get
it to fit right . . Love air hammers!
~DEC programmable engine management. Man this thing is a bitch to wire!
~All the little bells and whistles from Greddy trust/Hks/Apexi/ect to keep
the turbo running normal and safe.
~ICE, 2 10 JL's In a box, DVD player . . blah blah and all that good drooling
stuff.
~More added to the body kit, Project Zwo mirrors, New front euro bumper and
reiger peice to hide the intercooler, New rear euro bumper and hatch blend.
~ Can keep going but My fingers hurt!
So with the 2.8 motor it was running around 350 BHP at the wheels. I'll have
more specs when the 3.1 L is finished We hope to have Max BHP at the wheels
at 450+ !

But it will never run on the street with more then 350 BHP

Project 2000 Honda Insight. Yes I know more Honda crap from Danny Boy

Well I have to give it up to Honda. This is a wonderful car. Its so well put
together and thought out. Shit it has a .25g Drag! Love it.
Anyway
 I'm trying to cool down this bad boy cause it has a full electric motor
(25BHP!) That makes 80 Degrees C in the back of the car. Heat from the Bat.
Anyway I have to pump 1000 cfm from 4 locations to cool this bad boy. So I
don't fry the driver. Then I have to suspend an extra 1000LBS in the trunk.
Some Heavy as batteries!

That project physically starts on Monday. I have to time to take vacation.
Got to do all this in ten days. But since I have the companies backing I get
to call up true choice and rush them  . . even if it means doubling the cost!
Anyone ever deal with them knows they are a pain to try to rush.

Thats all I can say about that project do to the stipulations in my contract.
Hehe working freelance rules!

OK if you stuck this far I'll let you know about the Rocco now.

Well, after tweaking all the suspension parts and having everything rebuilt
and valved by truechoice I can now stop with it. I must admit I'm Happy with
the work done. I might have them rebuild one shock cause I hit a major pot
hole a few nights ago and it seems floaty now.

The motor is done. I don't plan on working anymore power out of this motor.
For a 1.8 to have 149 at the wheels and break axles at autocrosses is enough.
Anyway I don't think I can pull any more out of it with the CIS-E set up.
Also I'm running way to High compression for the CIS-e set up.

So now I'm getting ready to bite the bullet and build the new motor. I'm not
sure what its going to be. 1.8 or 2.0? Either way its going to have Dual
throttle bodies and either 4 to 8 injectors. I'm still working out the specs
to see how I'm going to get to the BHP rating I want.

Then I haven't decided on what management system. Its up in the air between
Wolf 3d, Haltech or DEC that I used in the turbo GTI. I have a feeling its
going to be Haltech. But in the end the specs are going to be around 350 BHP
at the wheels easy with 12.5:1 compression. I want Higher but I'm having
trouble finding an A-spec metal Head gasket. I know they are out there!
Someone help me find it! If I can find the right Gasket I'm going to shoot
for 13.5 or 14.5 to 1. Who knows I still have to use street gas in the beast.

Yes everything is going to be balanced and coated and bolted together proper.
My only concern is having the motor mounted in the bay. I want to angle the
motor back and drop it lower with a Dry Sump oil pan. I'm just having trouble
figuring out how to make the mounts. I think I'm going to raid my jobs CNC
machines and operators and build something out of some soft Alum. I don't
think they will let me cast mounts. The machining would cost them to much
just for my at home project.

Well Hope you guys had fun reading.
If your eyes are bleeding I'm sorry. I babble!
later
~Danny~
88 16v