S2000 vs Scirocco 16v (Kinda Long, But I won!)

    Oddly enough this kinda ties in with what I've been trying to do with my
VW
Basically I made a new friend today on the way home from a Sunday drive today
with a S 2000 owner.

    I have to give Honda many props for building such a fun stock motor and
great handling of the S 2000. Basically the rocco couldn't pull away from the
S 2000 but stayed with it, right through to the shifts. I admit my gear box
has longer gears and doesn't pull of the line like it should, but with the
short gears I found wheel spin problems through 3rd in the dry and all the
way through to 5th in the rain. New box no problems till it rains then I have
trouble up to 3rd and sometimes 4th when its slick highway. Anyway once me
and my new playmate hit some twisty roads, if anyone was at WaterFest 98 they
might know the road leading out of armonk to Mt. Kisco, route 128, you had to
travel this road if you wanted to get beer or fast food cause armonk is a
dead town. Anyway once we hit that road the rocco out handled the S 2000 and
as the owner of this cute roadster said. I ripped a new ass and put an 1/8th
to 1/4 mile between us.

Man today was fun. I know I shouldn't be doing this but no one was out and it
was nice out and S 2000 owner and his girlfriend were up to the challenge.
Well, once we got to 22 highway we did and off the line run. I have to admit
off the line that car has some grunt but once I got past my wheel spin gears
and into 3rd where I can open the car all he could see was my tail pipe
spitting some nice smoke as a went through the gears.

Well, after I mile of this we came to the next light and into a town and
stopped at the Dairy Mart where we shot the shit and he begged me to open the
hood. You all should have seen his face when I popped the hood pins off and
he saw what looked like a stock 1.8 motor. His first question was "WHAT! no
turbo and its a 1.8 that just did that!" I loved it. I gave him a basic
rundown on the motor and what was running it.

I had to make him feel better and tell him how much money and time went into
tuning the motor and all the suspension bits. And NO THERE AREN'T ANY BOLT ON
PARTS as an earlier thread suggest we all do.

All I can say is I can't wait until I pull out this little 1.8 149 BHP at the
wheels motor and put in my almost completed motor. But specs on that are in
another thread.

Drive safe everyone.
I'm off to hide my car in the garage.
~Danny~