Re: What are you guys hoping to get out of these cars??????

Mike Weiler wrote:

> See that's where you are very narrow minded....but hey I have nothing to
> lose....As far as a Callaway Scirocco I have looked at five for sale in the
> last few months. I know one fact these people who have them (even some who
> think they have them). Think they have GOLD.....I have not met one person
> yet who was willing to also see that they had a very rare car to work on.
> Hard if not Impossible to find parts for. Then above it all mod it ruin the
> price of the original stock vehicle (of which Callaway never admits to even
> making) Let me see you go to register your Scirocco right now with
> Callaway...they will not let ya......its a challenge I have seen unfulfilled
> since the cars were made. Then as they are selling them want to get top
> dollar for something one of a kind. Well gee I would love to buy a car I did
> not make and I would love to figure out what a crappy job someone might have
> done with something after the fact (again don't accuse me of saying yours is
> crap). No thanks been there done that. If I ever get a car its not going to
> be moded one bit unless its by me or someone I can trust. Mods on a for sale
> car are not a good thing in my book. So you may have a nice Callaway but if
> I were you I would keep it that way and not mod it one bit. If you think it
> will be worth something someday that is..........Or you can take all that
> documentation and burn it...cause you would still have ruined the sale
> ability of the car in some way...........

Ok, I step in. A car is not a fucking investment, if you think that way,
then go join those pricks in the ferrari club. You can buy and sell
pieces of metal all day for the almighty dollar and be another money
worshipping fuck.... that's a tangent. Anyone who is buying a callaway
scirocco is doing so because it's just a neat toy. End of story. I can
see what your saying, some people like to think they can do anything
with a scirocco which isn't true, but let them...... everyone has
something they like. If it's scirocco's then so be it. I can think of 50
worse habits and toys, including motor cycles. If you want to get into
the logic behind this lets do so, you can have fun doing 200mph on your
400lb rocket sled, and end up road pizza. I'll have fun doing 16 second
1/4 miles in my scirocco and fixing it daily. I like doing that, you
like excessive speed on a bike. So be it. Everyone has their "My dick is
bigger than yours" hobby/habit, but while your huge dick has landed you
a ticket 6ft under. I'm not saying your a bad motorcyclist here, but
people are stupid..... especially behind the wheel of SUV's. The point
is, motorcyles are inherently more unsafe than car's in *ANY*
situation..... Point being, if someone likes smoking crack and
worshipping satan, and someone else likes riding motorcycles at
excessive speeds it's still two people doing something that makes them
happy.

> If I have three Sciroccos where would that say I do not enjoy the car?

exactly.

> Speed is like a drug.....once ya get some ya want more once ya get more the
> last time seams less....less less less....unless its a top fuel car I can
> not even see much fun in cars anymore......again kind of like the weed,
> crack and heroin path....I am passed the weed as far as speed goes.

If you are a weak minded fool it is. I just test drove a 97 eclipse GSX,
huge step up from a scirocco, esp since I was doing about 130mph on 32
here in md.... I took it back and walked away, driving home in a
borrowed cavalier...... I could have bought it on the spot and fed the
part of me that liked being that reckless, but did I? No, I have more
willpower than that.......

> What else is there but performance? Pride? Pride is as one other person put
> it "how big is your dick". Means so little to so many....

There's logic, and enjoyment in other things. There's more hobbies out
there than just speed. I play with computers, and ride BMX. I also like
drinking coffee and reading..... Do I get a my dick is bigger than yours
kick from doing all of those things? Not really, natural habit for me. I
think the problem is, you can't see beyond a certain scope, that being
speed. All this is here is a difference of opinions you happened to be
very vocal(textual (outspoken) ) about......

Theres some food for thought. Point being, lets all do what we want and
not criticize each other for it. Sounds great in theory eh? Lets make it
happen.

Gary "sick of bashing other's style/opinions" Huff