Stalling Mk1 update

I just have to say, the people on this list are very cool! I can't believe
how much help all of you are giving me as I work through this stupid problem
with my car. Worst thing about this is that the people at work are having a
ball giving me a hard time about my "broken down" Scirocco because I love it
so much.

Just an update for those who have been following this...

Problem: Engine runs great but just keeps dying like the ignition has been
shut off.

*Fuel filter replaced--no change

*Fuel pump relay changed--no change

*Digital Idle Stablizer (DIS)--I know longer have one thanks to PO.

*Wires running inside distributor to Hall sensor--visibly look fine.

Here's the latest...

I started the engine and hit my stopwatch. The engine runs perfectly.

After two minutes of running, I decide to hit the headlights to see if it
makes the motor die. Motor doesn't falter at all...no hesitation,
nothing...it just keeps purring. So I flipped them on and off a couple of
times to see if I could cause it to die. Keeps on running.

So after minute three, I turn off the headlights and get out of the car.

Close to running for four minutes, it dies on it's own.

Starts up again without any hesitation. This time it runs for only two
minutes before dying. After this, I keep starting it, but it only runs for
seconds before dying.

It's almost as if it is caused by something that is going bad after getting
warmed up.

If you have any suggestions please help...I want to focus on my 2-liter
rebuild!!!