possibly looking for cheap vw

My brother is in need of a daily driver to get back and forth to school
from.  The 85 suburban just isn't cutting it.  He's looking for something
under 1200 or so that runs, preferably rabbit or something that we can jam a
16v in later :).  But seriously, if any listers in/near LA or maybe frisco
have anything that can make the drive to the central coast let me know...I'd
much rather try to get a car from a lister than the photo ad if I can...

Thanks
Joe

http://profiles.msn.com.