RE: Motor rebuild questions

Of course, if you don't like what you see, just look in another manual. ;-)
For example, Bentley says to replace the pressure plate mounting bolts when
you do a clutch, and torque them to whatever spec +1/4 turn or something.
(My local parts guy, who specializes in European imports, didn't even have a
listing for the replacement bolts.)  The Haynes manual says torque them to
55 lb.-ft., and makes no mention of replacement.  I don't know what Haynes
says about the rod bolts, but it's worth a look.  While Haynes isn't as good
as Bentley, I still trust their info.

Aaron
'82 Scirocco
'84 Scirocco