Re: i need help/ideas =>CVD bolt stripped

OOK,

I've got three ideas, and they've all been used by me in the past...

1) If you have an air compressor and and air chisle, pound at the head in a
counter-clockwise direction. Eventually it should spin out. You an also do
this with a regular hammer and chisle.

2) If #1 didn't work, pound a line down the middle of the head. Put a large
slotted screwdriver in it, and try to back out the bolt.

3) If all else fails, just drill off the head of the blot. Once, it' gone,
the CVD will come right off and you can get the threaded part of the bolt
out by grabbing it with vice grips.

Good luck. Like I said, all 3 of these methods worked in my garage.

-- Craig

http://profiles.msn.com.