Re: Stalling problem with lights on

In a message dated 10/28/2000 5:38:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bronson@inwave.com writes:

<< Lately (well, for a while now, actually), my car likes to stutter and
 stall whenever I have my headlights on.  I know there's a mechanism that
 assures of correct idle regardless of alternator drain, and I think
 that's the problem.  It'll idle fine, but when I turn the headlights on
 idle drops to 200 or so,  >>

I had this same problems when my voltage regulator was failing.  This gave me
two days notice because after two days of this I had complete electrical
failure, I could not start the engine and when I jumpered it, it only ran for
a couple minutes.  A new voltage regulator and fresh battery charge solved my
problem.

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html