From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Harmonic balancer?

List,

I was reciently told by a friend of mine that thinks he knows everything
that there is to know, that by replacing your pulleys with lighter smaller
underdrive pullies would screw up the harmonic balance of the engine and
cause it have a short lifespan???  Now someone is saying that there is a
seperate harmonic balancer from the pullies, so does that mean that putting
underdrive pullies on a rocco is ok?  I am assuming that it must be, because
i heard Brett talkin about getting some for his car, and i know that he
wouldnt do anything that would hinder the life of the engine!!!!!  Just
curious i guess, thanks.

Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

<snip>