Re: Ca- RAAPP! Where are all the cool wheels goin'??

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 20:12:34 -0700 Kevin Collins <kcollins1@socal.rr.com>
writes:
> How about the old R-10 "Turbo" wheel?  They have re-introduced it,
> it looks VERY retro-'80s!  I had Gary Allison of Ronal talked into
selling
> Doug T and I a set for $350/set (!), including mounting and balancing
(I live
> right next to Ronal USA) this past May just before the ND show.. alas I
had
> just dumped half a brinks truck into my paint job and wound up passing.
>
> Anyways I think those wheels look pretty cool on a 'roc.. they may
> not be on their website, weren't there last time I looked, but they DO
> have them, in 15's too...

I picked up a set of 5 R-10's for my '79 Scirocco... I used to have a set
of the original R-10's and the new R-10 is much heavier..
I was also disappointed in the finish, the clearcoat had a lot of dust
specks, and there was insufficient black paint on the inside of most of
the wheels.

They are now on the http://www.ronalusa.com/ website.

Here is a scanned copy of the R-10 info sheet
http://w3.one.net/~rapieper/ronal.html , thanks Ron.

$350 is a great price, the best I could do is $450 delivered west coast,
and $500 for east coast delivery.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"